Sensation of freezing liquid in stomach. Suspected DVT. Codeine caused constipation. What can help?

Hi there My Mother is suffering from sensations of freezing liquid in her stomach and also sometimes in her shoulders, back and hands. She has also lost her appetite and has been having a tingling sensation in her left shoulder from time to time. The symptoms make her feel frightened and hopeless. She did recently have suspected DVT as she lost the ability to walk very suddenly recently, but after a cocktail of painkillers and also an injection in the stomach in case there was a blood clot, she was then able to walk again, although she is due for a hip operation in the other leg, so she can walk as best she can. The codeine part of the painkillers caused severe constipation a couple of weeks ago and she had to be treated for that, but now she is suffering these awful freezing sensations. I took her to the doctor and they gave her an ECG which proved fine. Any advice would be a relief as I am worried about her; it has made her very very down.
Tue, 26 Mar 2019