Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Feeling pain and burning sensation in pubic area. Noticed lump under skin. What is causing this and cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
I've been feeling aches in my pelvic area. Sometimes it is on the left side near where my pelvis meets my legs. But other times I feel more of a sting or burning sensation right in the middle of my belly right above my pubic area. If I press there I feel a knot or lump under the tissue. I started menopause early and I don't take hormones so I don't have a period anymore. I've been to the doctor and it is not a UTI and I have had a vaginal ultrasound and even the CA-125 test which both were normal. I didn't notice the knot/lump until after I had gone to the GYN. Not sure if I should go back, or if that is something that is normal to feel in that area. I also don't think I am constipated. This has been going on for a few months now. Just to be safe I started taking Miralax, just to see if it made any difference in the pain I was feeling on the left side. I started taking it 3 days ago and haven't noticed much difference. Although, like I said, I don't think I am constipated. I had a recent physical and blood work done and that was all normal. I am not sexually active and haven't been since I was last tested for STD's. Should I go back to my GYN about the knot/lump I feel? It is above my pubic area at the lower part of my belly. It seems like if I press on it that it aggravates it.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The small palpable lump under the tissue above your pubis is not likely to cause the pain you are having. Such small lump is most commonly a benign collection of fat cells like lipoma.
The burning sensation that you are having is more likely to be due to a nerve related issue and mostly subsides on taking methylcobalamin supplements.
You can consult an orthopedician for a proper examination and investigations to rule out any nerve root compression at the level of your spinal cord.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor