Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Feeling light headed, dizzy and irregular heart beat. Should I see a doctor for blood work and heart check?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
I am feeling light headed and a little dizzy last few days. Also it feels like my heart beat may be a little irregular Should I see a doctor for blood work and heart check?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should see a doctor

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query with diligence.

You probably have a variation in your blood pressure that needs to be checked and recorded. Also, the heart beat may be getting irregular as you say.

In my view, you should see a doctor, preferably an internist/Cardiologist. Get your blood pressure checked, along with a routine electrocardiogram (ECG). A simple routine blood work can be done as well.

Further management could be planned accordingly based on the test reports.

Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor