Feeling hot in face and cold in feet. Getting chest pain and headache. How to cure this?

Dr. Sundar Gnanavel

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: hi i basically im always hot in the face but my hands and feet are most of the time cold.when i am talking it feels like i cant breath ery well and i get hot in the facei have a bit of chest pain as well .also i get headaches mostly only one side of my head.at night i hear pulsating in my head that has been keeping me awake. could you please help me to make this stop.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 hours later

What you describe is typical of migrainous headache that occur only on one side of head, would be associated with feeling of warmth, pulsation, association with anxiety symptoms like difficulty in breathing, nausea/vomiting. However, considering history of mild chest pain and low temperature perception in extremities I would suggest ECG, ECHO and cervical spine x-ray to rule out other causes of the above symptoms.

As far as migraine, we have effective medication like triptans, ergot alkaloids that can prevent attacks as well as abort attacks after they start. You need to identify any possible triggers for these symptoms and avoid them like food items/cold weather. You can also try out breathing relaxation exercises and meditation.

Hope you found the information useful. Let me know if you need further guidance.

Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad