Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Feeling discomfort and ECG showed RBBB. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 356 Questions
I had an ECG last night that came back with RBBB.
Im in pretty good shape with a Vent rate of 55 bpm. I always thought the discomfort I was feeling was due to anxiety but this RBBB could be the culprit. How is this treated?
The discomfort I was referring to includes a constriction in my ears and neck.
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aslam Lalani 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
RBBB may be normal finding in many individuals , and it will not cause any discomfort or other problems. Thus , I need a little more information to be able to help you better:
- Could you describe your discomfort in detail ?
- Is the discomfort related to exertion/activity ?
- Did you undergo any more tests (apart from ECG)?
- Apart from RBBB in ECG, any other positive finding in ECG ?
- Have you undergone a 2D Echo test ?

Please provide me above as many as details as possible so that I can provide you proper guidance .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling discomfort and ECG showed RBBB. Any suggestion? 1 hour later
THe discomfort is a constriction I feel on the right side of my chest. It does not radiate but sometimes I get the same type of feeling in my neck and ear area.
I do exercise a bit but it is not related at all. I did not get any test but my BP and cholesterol are normal.
Answered by Dr. Aslam Lalani 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
As your BP and cholesterol is normal and from the description of your pain ,I think your pain is not due to heart problem and RBBB in ECG is most probably a normal variant .

I would suggest that you go for 2D Echo and TMT(treadmill test) which will help us know more details about the anatomy and pumping function of heart at rest and exercise response.

For discomfort take some analgesic in consultation with your family physician for few days , as most probably its due to muscle spasm related .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help ,If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor