Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Feeling depressed and lethargic. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1852 Questions
Hello, doctor

My name is XXXXXXX Last couple of days i feel very low,depressd.I feel very lethargic and alone.Resaon behind this is baisness nad untrust between me and my husaband.His Mother is culprit of this.we have 9 month baby.At time of his birth every would be parents decide their baby name but in our case my mother -in-law gave his name and my husband was lie to me.when i saw video on his 4th day that time my husband call him :XXXXXXX:my husband is not honest to me.we will complete our second anniversay on this coming december.I was honest to him from first day and share all the thing.Buy Day by Day i Came to know the fact,his mother always poked him do demand asset from my parents and my husband follow the same.she always dominate me infront of him and when he was in office.every day i told the fact to my husband but he always ingore it.He and his Family always critizise me ,they always pin point on me.Now i want do Job but my Husband not support to me ,he follow the instruction of his mother.I feel loney,i cant share all this things to my parents becoz they fulfill the all their demands.sometime i feel i should end my life or run away. In my life i am not see any hope.but becoz of my son i take my foot backward.You know docter,my baby completed 9month but i didnot call him by his name,how unlucky i am! every day we fight each other but he is selfish ,even he doestbother he keep himself very between us there is no single communication. i awake whole night.I tell to the fact of my nature ,I dont want to depent on him ,i dont like, i want my own identity.his mother and father are too greedy,they think about their profit,even they cheat my husband in terms of money.i dont want see her face and hear her voice.she is a wamp

In simple words,in my relation problem is dishonest,loss of support,distrust from my
husband but I love him.Please help me in this
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     30 year old female
•     Interpersonal issues and adjustment issues with, husband and in-laws.
•     Presence of depressive symptoms.

In your case assessment and management, views of your husband and in-laws are important to understand and manage problem issues better. But I can understand sometime, it is not possible due social reasons.

In your case you are not able to adjust properly in home environment because of certain behavior issues with husband and in-laws. In such cases behavior modification technique is helpful.

For any behavior modification program behavior analysis is first step. It is better done in person visit with psychologist/psychiatrist trained in behavior therapy.

The first step is: doing ABC (Antecedent Behavior Consequence) charting of maladaptive behavior. ABC chart for behavior problems can be get on net after google search (Search words: ABC chart for behavior pdf). It is very effective for children and adults.

The Antecedent Behavior Consequence (ABC) Chart offers opportunities to note the setting, time and frequency behaviors occur, what happened just before the behavior, a description of the behavior itself, and the consequence of the behavior. By noting behaviors in this ABC Chart, you may be able to more accurately focus on the origin of undesirable behaviors.

After charting of maladaptive behavior behavior modification technique like positive reinforcement, punishment (by avoiding conversation or being totally silent for 1-2 hours after reminding reason for doing so) and modelling can be use. It is complicated task and planning may vary case to case. It is better to discuss about specific maladaptive behavior with therapist. If you have some specific maladaptive behavior related query after behavior analysis, you can ask us too.

From description of your query it appear that you have depression too. It is better for you to XXXXXXX nearby psychiatrist, as sometime medicine help may be needed apart from counseling.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor