Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Feel excited when see a beautiful girl. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
I get very exited when i see beautifull girl & feel like having sex with her.
I am married 7 enjoy good sex life,but i need more all the while...
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be having a problem of hypersexuality. There can be the following probable causes for this.

- It could also be due to an impulse control problem, where the person has difficulty in controlling his sexual urges or impulses.

- It could also be due to a mood disorder such as a hypomania. This is more likely if this problem has been of a recent onset.

- Sometimes, it could be due to an obsessive-compulsive disorder, where a person can have repetitive, unwanted, sexual thoughts or compulsive sexual behaviour.

- Alcohol, drugs like methamphetamine, etc. can also be one of the causes for hypersexuality.

- Rarely, certain neurological / medical disorders can be the underlying cause for hypersexual behaviour.

Now, it is very important that you have a detailed psychological assessment in order to ascertain what is the cause for your hypersexuality. Only the, further treatment can be planned accordingly. Don't worry, there are effective treatment strategies in the form of counselling / psychotherapy which can help you gain control of your excessive sexual feelings / impulses. Sometimes, medication may be required, in specific cases.

So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in your area for a detailed evaluation and further management. Also, keeping your mind active and occupied all the time, regular physical exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. can all help you in controlling your problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor