Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Feeding mother taking montex tablet for allergy. Any defect for child?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
montex tablet taking feeding mother . so any defect for child aged 60days old
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

From your query, I understand that you want to know whether or not it is safe for you to take the following tablets while breast-feeding your 60 day-old child, is this correct?

Well, let me help you with this information:

1. Montex (contains montelukast): Is advised in respiratory conditions like asthma and other allergic conditions. There is no documented data to prove that montelukast is not allowed in breast-feeding mothers. Which is why you need not discontinue this medication or discontinue breast-feeding. Although it would be safe to find an alternate (other medicine instead of this) medicine. Safe for your child, but better to change to more safe tablets.

2.Tablet XXXXXXX (contains mizolastine): Is also used in case of allergies. This tablet is NOT recommended for breast-feeding mothers, so I would request you to visit your doctor and substitute this with a more safe tablet. Not safe for your child.

3. I am not sure whether 'immino 340' is also a medication, is this tablet is "Sambucol Immuno Forte Effervescent tablet"? If it is, then this tablet has no serious effect while breast feeding. But, you should keep your doctor informed, as excessive use of this medication can cause a laxative (loose stool) effect in you and your child. Can be used in small amounts, in large amounts is not safe for your child.

If it is not, then could you kindly please check the contents and write back to me. I will surely help you with the information you require.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor