Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Fall causing injury to tail bone. Suggestive treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5164 Questions
my wife XXXXXX wt 80, 31 yrs, fell from stairs and happened to her back specially tail bone. we have 8 months old baby as well after c section. please suggest.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Hallo dear friend, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
I am Dr Vaibhav Gandhi, I am an orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist
I have studied your case

Use ring cushion for sitting, it will release pressure on coccyx [tail bone]
With some analgesic medication [like dolo 650mg] once a day, calcium supplement with vit D
Local injection therapy will also work for that you need to consult doctor

Some suggestion for you
•     take rest , hot or cold fomentation
•     avoid lifting weights
•     sit with taking support to your back
•     take Sitz bath [sitting in XXXXXXX warm water]
•     physiotherapy - Ultrasonic therapy will help
If pain is not relieved you need X XXXXXXX spine and coccyx

take care

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor