Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Facing erectile dysfunction problem while trying for sex. What's wrong?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am a 30 y old male. I got married recently. I am unable to get erection while trying to have intercourse with my wife. However, I get erection during masturbation which does not last lost and leads to ejaculation.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your basic problem is anxiety. This anxiety may be about the sexual performance in front of your wife. It may also be due to the erectile dysfunction itself.

But you are not impotent as you get an erection during masturbation.

All you need is self-confidence. Besides, try to talk with your wife as a friend. Be comfortable with her. Take the intercourse as enjoyment not as a performance.

If you are in a stressful job, do some aerobics daily to get rid of stress induced problems. Listen to music.

If these methods fail, then medicines like tramadol should be considered first. If it does not give any result, you have to take sildenafil group of drugs. But, these drugs should be taken under supervision of a doctor. Because it has some side effects.

So, try the simple methods first. If they do not provide any solution, you should consult with urologist, in person for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor