Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Experiencing numbness with tingling sensation from nose to head. Should I visit ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I have some sort of numbness and tingling spread from my nose to the right side of my head. When I press on the bridge of my nose it goes off. I had this for some time a year or two before and it got disappeared . Now it has come back again . It keps me worrying.Is there any need to go for immediate medical help?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most probably suffering from facial parasthesias which could be mostly neurological or vascular or as a symptom complex of premenopausal / menopausal changes.
Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness is usually a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured. Causes depend on the exact location of the paresthesia sensations, but typically include a physical nerve injury type condition (e.g. a nerve entrapment or some type of pressure being applied to a nerve directly or to the spinal attachment of that nerve), or a disease condition affecting the nerves (e.g. Neuropathy , diabetes, and others) or other causes like vitamin b deficiency , hormonal imbalances ( menopause), migraines, stress anxiety etc
I understand your concern as a vigilant health conscious individual and yes I would recommend you should get it evaluated by your primary care physician . However it is not an emergency and a routine appointment can be taken if feasible .
As you had had similar symptoms before on & off its less likely some acute condition like a pressure on nerve and more likely to be hormonal or migraine related symptom.
So please do not worry but nevertheless its best to get it evaluated.
Meanwhile you should make sure you have a balanced diet , plenty of fluids, regular exercise and avoid any stress / anxiety to help your body recover from this annoying symptom.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to clear any further doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor