Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Experiencing mild shivering and pinching sensation throughout body. Sugar tests are normal. Could it be a neurological problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
i am 27 years old. For the last six months, i have been experiencing mild shivering throughout my body. I can feel it while holding my cup of coffee, passing a pencil, more dominantly while doing exercises like push-ups/ abs crunches or lifting something heavy. I consultd a doctor and was advised to take sugar tests. all the reports appeared to be normal and a possible case of diabetes was ruled out.My blood levels are normal too.

I have started to worry a lot as i can experience tat feeling continulusly. sometimes i even feel a pinching sensation throughout my body. It is as if i am being pricked with sharp needles everywhere on my body. Could it be a neurological problem. i am still unmarried and offlate i have developed this problem. Please guide me through this and help me find a way out.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
vitamin B 12 deficiency most likely in you

Detailed Answer:
I would be pleased to answer your query.

From your history it looks like you might be having vitamin B 12 deficiency.

Feeling of being pricked and sharp needle prick sensation all over the body can be due to stress, Vitamin B 12 deficiency, Low Hemoglobin, certain medications or Motor Neuron Disease( however this last condition is associated with muscular weakness and difficulty in performing activities of daily living).

You will need to get yourself examined from the Neurophysician.

They will conduct certain tests like Nerve function tests of the limb, Scans if needed on physical examination.

Thanks and Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor