ECG showed inverted T. Taking nebicard 2.5. Feeling cough and poor circulation. Worrisome

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i am reported having inverted T in ECG and in eco LV is thickened i am takin nebicard 2.5 in morning and envas 2.5 in night. now i am feeling regular cough and poor circulation in lower side legs and palms. i am 46 year old and in india . shall i need to change my medition as cough is causing concern. once i also become faint while on picnic in hilly area
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 32 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Nebicard (nebivolol) is highly selective and at dose less than 10 mg, it is less likely to be responsible for this. However, the possibility can not be ruled out. When there is doubt, you can switch over – to your old sartan for blood pressure control. Discuss with your treating doctor – you may need Doppler studies and Holter (ambulatory monitoring) in view of history of poor circulation and dizziness.

Hopefully, your lipids are controlled...
Are you smoking? – if so, you should stop...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 27 minutes later
my lipid is total cholstrol is 170 however HDL is in range 36-46.
i am non smoking. taking losar is causing pain in left side of chest.
is envas causing cough?
both envas and nebicard affecting sexual activity?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 59 minutes later
     Hi

Your HDL is OK. LDL cholesterol is important. It should be 130 or less / 100 is better / 70 is best

Losar (losartan) will not cause chest pain – discuss with your doctor and look for other causes. You may have to do TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG)

Envas (Enalapril / and any ACE inhibitor for that matter) is well known to cause cough.

Both Envas and Nebicard can affect sexual activity – but it is not common, compared to most other drugs

All the best

Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 28 minutes later
i dont mean that losar causing chest pain i mean probably it is not controlling my Bp causing chest pain
should i take losartan in place of envas after consult my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 10 hours later
Hi

There are several classes of drugs – a choice indeed.
There are several drugs in each class.
There are several trade names for each drug.

Start with one drug.
Step up gradually – up to the maximum dose.
If in need, add another drug.
Generally two drugs acting by different mechanisms are combined.

Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARB / like losartan) are one of the first line drugs.
You can go ahead.

Initially, frequent check up is necessary, until control.
Then, regular follow up, once in 2 or 3 months may be enough.
Discuss with your physician.

Good luck