Does the use of meth affect the pregnancy test results?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Drug Abuse
Question: Can a tests show negative if u been on meth for over 6 months and u have pregnant symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

There is no evidence that methamphetamine causes interference with pregnancy tests.
To be on the safer side, you should consult a gynecologist to confirm the pregnancy, either using a blood pregnancy test, or an ultrasound preferably.

Just a word of caution.
Illegal (high dose) dextroamphetamine and methamphetamine should not be used in pregnancy. They can cause miscarriage, prematurity, and problems in the newborn period like preterm birth, low birth weight , and others including jitteriness and trouble sleeping and feeding.

Take care and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 days later
Hi I'm back thx for ur reply. I wanted to know if when pregnant ur tummy feels hot when u touch it if so y?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX
No, there is no such symptom known in the literature, of the tummy feeling hot if pregnant.
Take care and hope you are fine.