Is it advisable to postpone a dental surgery after smoking Methamphetamine?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I've got to get 2 teeth pulled out and I'm going into surgery to get knocked out tomorrow and I've smoked methamphetamines tonight?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Postpone it by 72 hrs

Detailed Answer:

Although it would not know if it can happen, I suggest to postpone surgery by 72 hrs after taking methamphetamine.
Ideally the teeth is pulled out by local anesthesia I am not sure if your dentist plan similarly.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 4 minutes later
I can't post pone and I have a major fear of dentists so that's why I'm getting put under
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Your dentist

Detailed Answer:
in such a case your dentist can take a call on the basis of anesthesia he plans to give. Tell him about your use and he can decide.
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 38 minutes later
If I don't decide to tell him what could happen I've also had a smoke
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Withdrawal

Detailed Answer:
you may have more withdrawal effects. sometimes anesthesia can not be effective during procedure. high chances of interaction.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad