question-icon

Does slight overdose of Avapro cause any dangerous side effects?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: I take Avapro, 300 mg per day for borderline hypertension. Today, I accidentally took a second 300 mg tablet, about 9 hours after the first one. Should I be concerned about the overdose?
I have had anterior ischemic optic neuritis with loss of the inferior visual field in one eye, which is apparently caused by transient hypotension.
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
No.. not a concern

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

First of all I would like to reassure you..Its not at all a problem. Avapro is a very well tolerated safe drug and I do prescribe it to my patients in my clinic and some times I put 300mg to my patients also.
So dont worry it cant be considered as a overdose. Nothing will happen.

If you still have queries Iam happy to help you through follow up queries.

regards,
DR.VENKAT
Dr. Venkat Sivayogi