Does re-using Reshape tablets cause weight gain?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: hello....i m XXXX...my doctor suggested reshape tablets 5 years back for losing weight and i used then....along with my thyroid medicines....nw i again iwant to use them...bt i didnt consult any doctor.......n my thyroid levels r balanced nw....will the reusage will relate to weight gain?????n i also wanted to use these tablets for my daughter...whz 18 nw...suggest me please!!!!!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Sagar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes Both you can start it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I appreciate your concerns.
Both of you can use the reshape tablet now..
Dont use for a long duration,
Before starting it you must consult your doctor and get your complete metabolic profile and Liver function tests done.
It won't lead to weight gain, but I would always advise to to stay away from medications when it comes to weight loss. The best and most efficient way is by exercising and dieting, and it lasts longer and also confers other benefits of decreased cholesterol and healthy lifestyle.

Hope this is helpful.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Sagar