Does pre-ejaculatory fluid contain sperms?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: Pre ejaculate did not contain sperm when I put It under microscope. However after ejaculation. Some more clear liquid came out I don't know if it was left over semen but it was clear so maybe it was precum that was made after ejaculation. That however did contain sperm most of those were dead but some were swimming in circles none were swimming straight. What was this fluid?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is mucus secreted bu Cowper's glands

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed no sperms in your pre ejaculate and semen passed contains dead sperms and few sperms with grade two mobility.

Please note that precum does not contain any sperms ,

The clear white liquid that you pass after ejaculation is mucus secreted by Cowper's gland which is adhered to urethral wall and some amount of left over semen in urethra.

In order to know real parameters of semen you need to do semen analysis with proper precautions like having abstinence for 3 days prior to collecting semen and submit it in laboratory within 30 minutes after collection.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil