Does low potassium in blood cause morning dizziness?

Dr. Kerry Pottinger

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in General Health
Question: Does low potassium in my blood causes morning dizziness?
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may experience some dizziness.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The symptoms of a low potassium can be somewhat vague. These can include low blood pressure and muscle weakness. Both of these may cause the feeling of dizziness.
If you are concerned the only way to make the diagnosis is to check your blood. Therefore, I suggest you see your doctor. Treatment can begin only when the diagnosis has been confirmed. Treatment for a minor reduction is potassium involves potassium supplement tablets.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger