Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Does lifting weight after scrotal varicose operation cause pain in testicles ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hi i undergone a scrotal vericose 8 months back operation on my left and right side(left key hole, right open surgery)... wen i tried to take weight, effect is pain on testicles and leg and back on one side(left side) the operation undergone is not effective or not.. please help
any medicine for the same
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 48 minutes later
Hi there,

Thanks for the query.

If you are experiencing pain only on lifting weights, then i do not think that it has any direct connection to scrotal varicocele. Esp if there is no visible vein distension, swelling, redness etc. Also 8 months is a long enough recovery period for the surgery. I think that you need to explore other possibilities here.

Weight bearing effect on the lower back, causing pain in groin radiating to the leg and back may also indicate low back spasm/disc protrusion. You should be examined by a doctor to rule out the possibility of lumbo-sacral problems. Another option that should be ruled out is a hernia.

I suggest that you see your physician/surgeon and be examined. A simple examination will differentiate between the options given.

As far a medicines go, unless the cause is identified the optimal treatment can't be given. You can take a pain medication or an antispasmodic in case of recurrent pain.
Hot fomentation to the lower back should help.
Avoid sudden jerky movements and bending without support.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does lifting weight after scrotal varicose operation cause pain in testicles ? 8 hours later
Hi madam,
But the similar problem happens before wen i undergone for the operation.
and thing is that , the pain is starting from testicles( disturbances) and spreading to leg and hip and back. any medicine is available for the lumber problem ,if thats is the case. please help.i feel very much worried and i miss many good oppurtunities in my career bcoz of the same. and i am fully deppressed,its effecting my family .

Please help
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

First of all as you had similar problems before operation, it would be better to get examined and evaluated by an Orthopedician and might require a X-ray or a MRI of the spine to rule out any spinal problem like any disc protrusion.

Also it would be better to get examined by your Surgeon for recurrence of varicocoele or any infection like epididymo orchitis and if required ultrasound scan has to done to confirm and get treated if any.

I suggest you get examined to differentiate between Spinal or testicular problem as both of them can present with similar symptoms. And the treatment has to followed according to the cause. Do not worry as most of the case can be cured completely.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor