Does intake of Tofacitinib help in treating alopecia areata?
It's still under research stage...
Hi my dear,
understand your concern.
Alopecia areata (AA) is an immune mediated disease with interferon playing an important role. Activation of inflammatory response is through JAK kinase mediated by INFs signal.
Etacitinib works by inhibiting JAK kinase, thus blocking further inflammation that ends up to hair loss.
It is still in the experimental phase as studies are needed to confirm this effect. Furthermore, its use is associated with severe side effects.
Hope it answered to your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can miconazole nitrate help alopecia areata
- How does azoran tablet helps in alopecia areata
- Naturopathy treatment for alopecia areata
- Treating alopecia areata through allopathy
- Acidophilus alopecia areata
- Does urine help alopecia areata
- Ophiasis alopecia areata
- Home remedy to treat alopecia areata
- Mintop alopecia areata
- Loratadine cause of alopecia areata