Does intake of Ativan help in treating somnolence?
an anxiety disorder, used to be another disorder----with other drs. WHY am I not allowed to remember my
husband & MY thoughts of what we went through together--after his diagnosis of Colon Cancer?????
I went through ALL with him, in hospital, after THREE Colon surgeries, then cared for him in OUR home with help through nurse coming to home--now & then. He passed in a hospital bed in our home provided by 'Hospice.' I'm NEARLY worn out, mentally- when" I'm told he is gone--& FORGET the past & live for my future!" I'm 78yrs. now, was 61 when he passed, sorry-- BUT, why can't I remember MY MAN
Dr. ordered 'Ativan' in March. XXXXXXX
I do not think your doctor is right
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
I have gone through the details and do not think you have anxiety disorder. The essential component to diagnose anxiety disorder includes impairment in functioning which is absent in your case.
As per me you are not supposed to take ativan as it increases the somnolence and cause fall and fractures at your age.
I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.
This was GOOD for me to receive. As I'm stating, I'm very capable to FEND for
myself. I OWN my home, make decisions for UPKEEP for my home.
I do my own cooking, house keeping, even driving for outings, for pleasure & or dr. appointments.
To my thinking--when I question my doctor about one issue or another, I get the feeling; "why are you questing your doctors judgment?", because you only
see me for appointments, you are not LIVING with me in MY HOME, to view my
actions and MY ways for MY life. XXXXXXX Thanks!!!
That again emphasizes your functioning in different areas
Thanks for your wonderful reply.
Although there is no question asked but still I want to offer my explanation.
You still see your doctor to know that everything is going in normal way and no deviation.
The doctor prescribes medication for apparently normal condition due to different prospective of doctor from patient. AS you know you are handling life in goodway but doctor may not understand what should be the way at 78 years or onece you are widow.
I hope this helps you to some extent.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Help with ativan withdrawal symptoms
- Will ativan treat cervical dystonia ?
- Does ativan 2 mg help with claustrophobia
- Will ativan treat wakefulness ?
- Can ativan be used to treat anxiety and insomnia
- Pregnant severe insomnia addicted to ativan effexor help
- Ativan helps opiate withdrawal
- Otrivin and ativan
- Help with ativan withdrawal signs
- Will ativan treat spasmodic torticollis ?
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?