Does folic acid intake cause delayed periods?
DO ONE HOME PREGNANCY TEST.
Thanks for writing to us.
You should undergo one home pregnancy test at the earliest to rule out pregnancy if you are sexually active. You should repeat the test after 7 days for confirmation.
It is NOT side effect of Folic acid tab. Hormonal imbalance, mental stress, over wt, irregular diet habit, pelvic infection etc can cause late or missed period in absence of pregnancy. I suggest you to consult with doctor following the test.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is folic acid effective to regulize periods
- Does folic acid tablet delay the period
- Will folic acid postpone period
- Does folic acid and iron tablets delay periods?
- Does takin folic acid tablets delay the period
- Can we take folic acid during period?
- Missed periods folic acid tablets
- Can taking folic acid delay the period
- Can folic acid tablets prepone my periods
- Will folic acid delay period
- History of anxiety. Why am I feeling lightheaded, heart palpitation and...
- Got pimples on the penis after having protected sex. STD?
- Had unprotected sex after miscarriage. Started bleeding. Could I be...
- Suggested laproscopy surgery for ovarian cyst. Is this the safe way to...
- Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation?
- STD test done. What are the findings? Should I be worried for hep c...
- Mild abnormalities inside cervix and slight abnormal pap smear with HPV...
- Missing period, feeling constipated with clear vaginal discharge. HPT...
- Abdominal pain with vaginal discharge. Feeling nausea. HPT negative. Any...
- Large circular red area with a bump above penis. Could it be clamydia or...