• question-icon

Does contact with foreign objects require medical attention?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: hi i threw like a big bottle of gatorade away i got in the basket but it touchred the sides as I stopped and the big bottle of gatorade threw away there was still some left though like a pretty much size off the gatorade now my concern is I hope there wasn't anything hazxardus in the garage i mean the round shape garbage can like the surface of the trash can the circle around it its next to my building where this happen i went back and i threw something else in there apparently nothing was around that circle I explained hiv test? thanks what do you think any concerns if you were were me

I dont know if i ade contact with anything what i did before explaining what i did any action

Like I don't think so but not certain I'm going crazy

I'm so stupid should of thrown it like regular away not liked here in there I've test??

Take a photo of the trash can the circle thanks I'm staying confident nothing made contact with me I think nothing really did
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns and it seems that you fear exposure to HIV virus from the garbage can .. I assure you there is no need to worry as infection with HIV virus requires blood or other body fluids contact with a large amount enough to transfer the virus or through unprotected sexual contact. however you should wash your hand and any other area of your body that touched the can with soap and water then sterilize with alcohol and that will be enough. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 50 minutes later
Ok thanks but he thing it goes for face as well I took a hot shower as well after the incident is this good but no alcohol
Though

I rubbed my left eye cause it was itchy should I worry any concerns I did it after this rubbing in the eye

What should I do about he eye thing thanks

I have confident nothing went in

To my knowledge be concerned as this is my only eye blind

See the eye
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, no worries at all.. I reviewed the picture and you should wash your eye thoroughly with water and if it is still itchy then apply topradex eye drops . I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman