Does carbohydrate intake have any effect of Solian absorption?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Dear Dr. Sheppre,
Since today the chane from Solian to Sulpiride seems to show during hours full results, but i still have to wait and my psychiatrist told me that the rythm of Solian to go wayay from body depends on fats in the body. I had in the past problems with Solian: once it was taken, i was not able to eat carbohydrates because i had problems, including for sleeping. Until now, even without Solian, after eating carbohydrates after my dosage of Sulpiride makes me feel somnolence. I would ile to know if it means that i still have Solian in my system or if i have to take care also with Sulpiride when eating carbohydrates.
Thanks beforehand, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Private Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks very much for using my direct private service.

In my experience, carbohydrate intake does not significant interact with either Solian or Sulpiride. It is true that they can reside for some time in fats already in the body, but this does not mean you need to take in less fat now. Some antipsychotics such as Geodon require a certain number of calories to be consumed to aid their absorption from the stomach into the body, but this is not the case with either Solian or Sulpiride. So, it is not important to watch your carbohydrate intake with these medications. You can proceed normally.

Dr. Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak