Does blood cancer cause tiny red skin spots?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello...I have been panicking about having tiny red spot on my body...I noticed one small red spot and googled it few weeks ago and read it can be blood cancer...since then I have been obsessed with checking myself for red spots. I use a flashlight and noticed I have a few...mostly on my feet around ankle and top of feet..I see 2-3 spots on me no more at anytime they seem to appear everyday especially toward the end of day but disappear later usually by morning they're gone...but they keep appearing and disappearing. I also see some tiny red spots in the palms of my hands same thing they come and go...are these normal?...I don't know if these tiny red spots were always there...I don't think I would notice them if I wasn't looking for them with flashlight......also I don't seem to be having other symptoms like night sweats or weight loss or fever. should I keep worrying about these spots?...thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spider veins or capillaritis, no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph.
I don't think there is any need to worry.
These spots seem to be either spider veins or related to capillaritis due to leakage of blood into the skin.
On feet and ankles they are usually seen in persons with prolonged standing, running and doing physical activity.
They don't seem to be related to any cancer.
Relax and don't stress yourself.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana