Can oxygen help enhance a terminal cancer patient's memory?
Memory enhancing methods
Hi XXXXXXX Dillard, thanks for asking from HCM.
I can understand your concern. For terminal cancer patient, oxygen does not enhance memory. It can help only if patient is having hypoxia (lung cancer, lung metastasis, blood cancer).
Instead of oxygen, you can use other methods like
- Give combination of Donepezil and Amantadine after prescription
- Give almonds if patient appetite is okay
- High protein diet, fish also help
-Some cerebrospinal protective drugs can also help like Citicoline, Cerebrohydrosylate protein. It will improve cognition symptoms.
- If possible indulge him/her into some mind games like Chess, cards, Sudoku.
Hope these methods will help. If any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Terminal cancer excessive sleep
- Free dental care for terminal cancer patients
- End stages of terminal cancer
- Leg cramps terminal cancer
- Low body temperature in terminal cancer patients
- Terminal cancer life expectancy
- Lymph node pain in terminal cancer patients
- Terminal cancer patient anger
- Terminal cancer patient with a stroke
- Fever in terminal cancer patients