• question-icon

Does Dolobid help cure arthritis and tendonitis?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i have bad allergy reactions to dolobid i have taken 1000 mg a day for 15 yrs i need to get off it what else can i take that is safe for me but will aleviate my arthritus and tendenitus pain also lower back?
thank you, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What reaction did you get?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for reaching out to us at healthcare magic.

I am so sorry to hear about this allergy that you have reported. To be of most help to you, I will need to know what reaction you had. This way, I will be able to select medications that are less likely to cause similar reactions/side effects.

I hope to hear from you on this and will follow on with more personalized and helpful medications that can be used.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 54 minutes later
severe eye swelling hives blotchiness skin drys and peels over entire face. last for days. very fatigued muscel weakness. also develope a breathing problem coughing.still waiting for an answer back
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Naproxen and Ibuprofen would be better alternatives!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for getting back to me.

I will recommend that you switch this medication back to Naproxen or Ibuprofen. As with all NSAIDs, you could have stomach irritation and bleeding. If you have any discomfort in the abdomen, report promptly for review and guidance.

Also, do you take dolobid daily or this is only when you are in pains?

I hope this helps and look forward hearing from you!
Dr. Ivo Ditah