Does Dicorate affect pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I am talking doctorate we 250/ per day .Now I am pregnant .Is it affect my baby.what can I do
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information. USG suggested.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, Dr. Purushottm Neurgaonkar here. I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

I would like to know about few things from you.

When did you have your last menstrual cycle?
Do you have history of regular cycles and unprotected sex act?
What is the exact content of the substance that you are worried about? (Have you spelt the drug right?)

I will suggest you to stop the consumption of the substance at the earliest. Get USG done to know about the gestational age and viability of pregnancy.

Please provide me with more information to help you out.

I hope this answer helps you. Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 14 hours later
My LMP was on 31. O1.2017. have regular periods.my pregnancy test is positive.i took dicorate ER 250 per day.is there any problems having this.is it affect my baby.please reply as soon as possible
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
consult neurologist. Keep taking Folic acid, Vitamin B 12

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

As you might be knowing that anti convulsant medicines do have effects on the baby. I will suggest you to get in touch with your treating neurologist, let him change either the dose or medicine .
Please do not skip any dose of the new medicines, as it may be risky for you and the pregnancy.

When you are taking these medicines please do continue to use Folic acid and Vitamin B 12 supplements.

With newer medicines, there is good Control of convulsions and minimal effects on the baby.

I hope this answer helps you. Thanks
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar