Does Cardizem interact with Verapamil?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I take Cardizem 240 mg SR in the morning, Cardizem 120 mg at night. I have short-term memory after my chemo from breast cancer. I forgot to get either med today. My last dose was 120 mg last night. If I take Verapamil tonight, will I have any problems tonight? Verapamil is 180 mg. I havent taken that for years. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

You may take safely a half tablet of Verapamil 180 mg and you wouldn't have any problem.

However if you were my patient I would recommend to take Cardizem 120 mg for the nigh (the evening dose) and to continue with Cardizem 240 mg SR tomorrow in the morning.

Just remember next time, if you miss a dose during the day take the morning dose whenever you will remember it (during the day). If you remember it during the evening you should skip the morning dose and take only the evening dose at the usual time.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu