question-icon

Does Benicar and Amlodipine overdose cause dizziness?

Posted on Fri, 4 Dec 2015
Question: I take two 5 mg tablets of Amlodipine at night and one 40 mg tablet of Benicar. I woke up and thought I hadn’t taken the pills, so I took them and then wondered if it was a double dose. Should I be concerned.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Measure your Blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Yes it's a matter of concern as you may get low blood pressure causing Dizziness, Vertigo, even loss of consciousness.
So now you should drink plenty if fluids, including salt lemon water.
Keep a watch on your Blood pressure and if it falls you would require admission.Even if you don't get any symptoms make sure you check your BP tomorrow before you take your next dose.
I hope it helps.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Dr. Anshul Varshney