Does Aspirin affect hemoglobin levels when diagnosed with anemia?
Dehydration is the cause of false increase here.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Aspirin is not known to affect hemoglobin. It only affects platelets.
2. Dehydration is one of the common causes of increased false hemoglobin levels. At present dehydration should be the cause of increased hemoglobin, otherwise your original hemoglobin is same as 78. Dehydration reduces plasma concentration, and hence the cells appear more during testing.
3. Not to worry about aspirin problem or incompatibility as there is no bleeding anywhere - no dark stools or diarrhea is seen.
At present, only due to dehydration. Improve your oral intake of water /juice/ soups and try to maintain a balanced nutritional state , it should help in improving anemia.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, here to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hemoglobin reducing constantly how to determine the cause of anemia
- Anemia in pregnancy hemoglobin level
- Low hemoglobin levels anemia
- How to diagnose anemia
- Does anemia affect hcg levels
- Hemolytic anemia hemoglobin type
- Pernicious anemia normal hemoglobin glycated
- Blood test for anemia hemoglobin
- Is hemoglobin of 118 anemia
- Hemoglobin levels anemia
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- What are symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
- Suggest the type of specialist to consult for brooke-spielger syndrome
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and high TSH levels
- What causes fluctuating body temperature after pneumonia?
- Suggest treatment for pain and constipation
- What causes nausea and pain when suffering from esophagitis?
- Suggest treatment for pain after suffering from shingles
- Suggest treatment for aspiration problem
- What causes loss of sense of taste?