Do swollen ear ducts cause ringing of ears?
Steam inhalation should help.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query but would need more clarification about why you think that the ear ducts are swollen. Usually such a thing may occur when one catches cold and as a result the thick mucus blocks the tube connecting the inner throat with the middle ear cavity. As a result, pressure differences between the middle ear and outside lead to hearing problems and may be associated with ringing ears.
In such a case steam inhalation should provide relief. Water in form of vapor reaches deep inside and helps in diluting the mucus, thus relieving the tubes and helping them come back to normal. You may also take some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for a few days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen tonsils ringing in ears
- Ear ringing swollen lymph nodes
- Ear secretions top of the ear swollen
- Ring in ear swollen glands
- Ear ringing and swollen lymphnodes
- Causes of swollen ear canal
- Swollen ear caused by hit
- Swollen testicle and ringing ears
- Swollen gums causes ear ringing
- Left ear feels swollen ringing