Do Medrol shots cause chlamydia or gonorrhea?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello Doctors,

Please answer by doubts. I had some protected sexual encounters during last year july 2015.I did syphilis RPR test in XXXXXXX 2016. It came back as negative. I am having a painless papule in mouth, yellow raised and tiny in last one day. Could this be related to syphilis?

Will medrol taken in Feb 2016 affect chlamydia and gonnorhea test done in april 2016?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have nothing suggestive of an STD!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed this information fully and am sorry for all the disturbing thoughts that this must have caused you. There is nothing that raises concerns about a possible STD. I will suggest that you upload an image of this growth for review but am certain that this has nothing to do with possible STDs. In addition, negative tests suggest that there was nothing to worry about. Medrol shots have no influence on the outcome of gonorrhea and chlamydia testing.

I hope this clarifies your doubts. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Until next, i wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 27 minutes later
H=ello Doctor,

I have uploaded the image. Kindly have a look and confirm
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please, kindly improve the quality of the image!

Detailed Answer:

I will suggest that you get another image an upload. This image is really not possible to be used for inspection. Please, kindly upload another of better quality for review.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

I uploaded the new image. The papule looks bigger in picture but in actual it is little small than it looks
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Just no reason to worry!

Detailed Answer:

This is clearly better image. There is no reason to bother about this. This is common oral sore that happens and most actually go unnoticed when located in a hidden area.

Be relaxed and carry on.

Cheers!