Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with low sperm motility. No smoking. Advice?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1309 Questions
I am diagnosed with low motility.Count is 30ml. Age 33, non smoker and occassional drinker, Vegetarian. Seeking your advice
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 22 hours later

In ayurveda there is a branch that deals with all problems related to sex and this is called vajikaran. We have number of herbs which have proven efficiency to increase the count.

From your mail the extent of motility cannot be judged as you have mentioned the volume. The main thing is the percentage of motile, sluggish and dead sperms.

Above this we give importance to presence of pus cells in semen if any as this can be the sole factor to kill sperms leading to more dead and less motile sperms. It will be better if you mail detailed report of your semen analysis. It is appreciable that you have no addiction; this will be a boon for quick cure.

Diabetes and hypertension or use of any drug on regular basis, also lead to this problem.

There are herbs like musli shatawari ashwagandha kaunch kesar salam panja salam mishri shilajit and so on which are widely used.

The exact compounds or medicines can be advised after a detailed examination.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with low sperm motility. No smoking. Advice? 24 hours later
Dear Sir, thank you for your response.
Below is the my analysis report, which was almost similar when tested twice

Count: 17 million / ml
Total count: 102 million / ejac

Rapid Prog: 2%
Slow / sluggish prog: 24%
Non prog: 10%

Wet Eosin Blue: 38%

Normal: 19%
Head defect: 52%
Mid piece defect: 23%
Tail defect: 06%
%overall defect: 81%

Cellular Elements
Cellular Debris: Present(+++)
Pus cells: 7.9%
RBC: Nil
Epithelial cells: 2-4/HPF
Bacteria: Absent
Crystals: Absent
Precursors: Present

Biochemical Test
Fructose: Present
Hypo Osmotic Swelling test: 34%

Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 23 hours later

I have gone through your report.

Here are my suggestions.

You may try Shatawari kalp granules in milk, Tab. Gandhak rasayan, Cap. Addyzoa, Musli pak. Please consult your ayurveda specialist before starting these.

Get a repeat semen analysis done again after a month and report back.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with low sperm motility. No smoking. Advice? 56 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Thank you for your response. Could you refer to some pharmacies where these medicines available in Bangalore? I reside at South Bangalore, in Bannerghatta Road

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 20 hours later

These medicines will be available from all leading ayurvedic stores.

Please accept my answer if you have no further questions.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with low sperm motility. No smoking. Advice? 11 hours later
Dear Sir, Please let me know about the dosage, diet and duration.
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 39 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

I understand your concern. But it is difficult to specify dosage without physically examining and evaluation the patient. In ayurveda we have to access the patient before making recommendations. So any recommendation authoritatively is not possible without examination of the patient. Further the medications needs to be modified after a month following reexamination.

Regarding diet, avoid spicy stale and heavy meals; be regular with diet time; have lot of fruits; you can boil dried dates in milk and have it once a day. No addition is permitted.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
And if all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor