Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with diabetes. Facing difficulty to maintain erection. What to do now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
HI iam a 40 year old male I was diagnosed with tytpe 1 diabetsis laast August my sugar had sky rocket ed 896 Im having trouble regulating it and usualy run as low as 50 i can get an erection but have had trouble keeping it the whole way trough sex and now Im being told that my partner is pregant and Im having trouble understanding if this is even a possibilty with not even being ale to keep a full erection
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 22 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The first thing is that with type1 diabetes, your sugar levels of 896 are quite high to produce deadly complications like diabetic ketoacidosis which can kill a patient even when in hospital.
You can not control the sugar because you have no business in that field. The endocrinologist or an expert physician is a right person to be consulted for this and follow the advise diligently.
The strength of erection or it's duration or quality has nothing to do with fertility.
If your partner is pregnant you could be the biological father even if you have short erection time.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor