Diagnosed with blood clot in head after feeling giddy and numbness on one side. What to do?

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: My mother in law, aged 45 years has been feeling giddiness and was fainting.. she started feeling numbness on her right portion of her body.. Have been admitted to hospital.. doctors are saying she has got a blood clot in her head.. Past history: She has a high blood pressure since last 3 years. Is there some serious issue
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is serious issue Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry about your mother in law's current health status. She seems to be too young at 45 yrs to have this problem. Yes, this is a serious condition. It requires vigilant medical monitoring at the ICU setting. The blood clot in the brain has to be dissolved using drugs or by surgery. The high blood pressure is the cause for it. she must maintain her blood pressure within normal limits and also take the medicines regularly to prevent such things in future. Early physical rehabilitation will help her too. In my opinion, she must be at the hospital for some time until she recovers completely. A medical team of neurologist, physician, radiologist, and nurses are required for better management. I wish your mother in law recovers quickly. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Shanthi.E 27 minutes later
Thanks doctor..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you too Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you too. My prayers are with you for your mother in law.