Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with blood clot in head after feeling giddy and numbness on one side. What to do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
My mother in law, aged 45 years has been feeling giddiness and was fainting.. she started feeling numbness on her right portion of her body.. Have been admitted to hospital.. doctors are saying she has got a blood clot in her head.. Past history: She has a high blood pressure since last 3 years. Is there some serious issue
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is serious issue Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry about your mother in law's current health status. She seems to be too young at 45 yrs to have this problem. Yes, this is a serious condition. It requires vigilant medical monitoring at the ICU setting. The blood clot in the brain has to be dissolved using drugs or by surgery. The high blood pressure is the cause for it. she must maintain her blood pressure within normal limits and also take the medicines regularly to prevent such things in future. Early physical rehabilitation will help her too. In my opinion, she must be at the hospital for some time until she recovers completely. A medical team of neurologist, physician, radiologist, and nurses are required for better management. I wish your mother in law recovers quickly. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Diagnosed with blood clot in head after feeling giddy and numbness on one side. What to do? 27 minutes later
Thanks doctor..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you too Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thank you too. My prayers are with you for your mother in law.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor