Diagnosed with a maturing temporal haematoma. Is this curable?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi My wife has been diagnosed with a maturing right temporal haematoma with no evidence of underlying mass lesion
could you explain what this is and is it treatable or operable
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 minutes later

Maturing temporal haematoma means collection of blood which is organised into clot inside the skull (at the temporal region) is getting liquefied with a membrane around it. Since there is no mass lesion (no effect on brain due to clot), there is no need to worry.

To identify the need and mode of treatment, I would like to know some more details on the condition like

1. Does she have any neurological symptoms like, weakness, memory loss, seizures, black outs, etc?
2. Is she on any medications for the same?
3. If the brain has undergone a brain scan please attach the report here using this site's uploader.
4. Is she a diabetic or hypertensive?
5. Is she on anticoagulants drugs (blood thinners)?

Waiting for your response...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad