Diagnosed with Hep C, Genome 1a. Blood work showed Feto Protein Tumor. What does it mean?
I have the lab results if you need them I can try and scan & upload them and hopefully it will come thru. What do you think?
Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.
For Hepatitis C do a viral load(Quantity of virus in the blood).
In the long run it may cause liver cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver failure.
Vaccinate against other viruses like Hepatitis A and B.
Take antivirals for the treatment of Hepatitis C.
In a nonpregnant woman elevated Alpha fetoprotein indicates
1. Chronic Hepatitis B infection.
2. Liver cirrhosis.
3. Cancerous conditions in liver, ovaries, stomach and pancreas.
4. Hodgkin's disease.
6. brain tumor
7. Renal cell carcinoma.
You need to consult your doctor and undergo necessary evaluation to rule out any of the above conditions.
Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Alpha Fetoprotein is not present in Men and nonpregnant women.
Because it is produced by the maturing liver of the fetus in a pregnant women.
If Alpha fetoprotein is present in nonpregnant women then it is indicative of the above mentioned conditions.
In your case it may be related to your Hepatitis C infection and liver associated pathologies.
Treatment and prognosis depends on the diagnosis of the disease condition associated with production of alpha fetoprotein.
You need to seek medical help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Did not get BCG vaccine. Child 2 years now. Does it protect from...
- Diabetes under control with diet, have tingling on toes and fingers. How...
- Kindly describe the food habits to be adopted for diabetic?
- Having blood suagar, what diet should I take?
- Took 70 u of short instead of 70u of Lantus. What should I do?
- Experiencing head cold, nosebleed and spit out blood after filler...
- What is the reason of person being diabetic at small age?
- Diagnosed with increased blood sugar level. Recommendation?
- Had total hip replacement surgery. Having severe pain since surgery....
- Having sneezing, hay fever, sore throat and hard to swallow. Feeling...