Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Acute Appendicitis. Should we go for Medical treatment or surgical treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
My Wife is Diagnosed with Acute Appendicitis. Should we go for Medical treatment or surgical treatment.
Ultrasound report mention it as
RIF:Appendix is dilated measures 14mm in diammeter with thickened walls. No free fluid.

Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 25 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

As per the usg report alone it is advisable to go for surgical removal preferablly by a Laparoscope

You may go for a CBC and vital data if the counts are on higher side, and pulse is raised you should for sure go for a surgical management

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor