Developing large painful pimples on leg. Puss comes out after squeezing. What is the problem?
Thanks for posting your query.
Skin lesions of the size that you describe are common. And are most commonly the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
I would suggest you to stop popping those pimples right away, and keep the area clean. You could apply over the counter antiseptics for a couple of days after bath, to see if the lesion gets any better. You need to consult a dermatologist for systemic antibiotics if the number of lesions increases.
Usually such minor infections are self limiting and subside in 7-10 days. Avoid touching the area with bare fingers to avoid any infection. The small scars will also heal on their own without any special treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?