Delayed periods. Had sex during fertile period. Having headache and sharp abdominal cramps. Test showed faint lines for pregnancy. Pregnant?
Pregnancy is the most common reason for delayed period though there are other causes.
You can consider waiting 4 to 5 more days to see if your period comes, if it does not then you can do a home pregnancy test. These tests check for HCG which should be present in the urine 12 days to 14 days after conception has occured.
If you wish to know sooner you can either ask your doctor for a blood HCG level.
The other causes of delayed period are (1)emotional stress,
(3)abnormal levels of thyroid hormone,
(4)extreme physical activity,
(5)high levels of a hormone called prolactin,
(6)inadequate diet and
(7)a condition called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome. This is diagnosed if a woman has two of the following: a) cysts in the ovaries (b) irregular periods (c ) evidence of increase of the male hormones which are usually present in small quantities
If the pregnancy test is taken at an appropriate time and negative and the period is significantly delayed then your doctor may assess you for any of the above.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking akt4 having delayed periods spotting abdominal cramps pregnant
- Abdominal cramps no period
- Abdominal cramps before period
- Delayed periods abdominal cramping bloating pregnant trying to conceive
- Delayed period positive pregnancy test now abdominal cramps and bleeding
- Abdominal cramps no period negative pregnancy test
- Abdominal cramps between periods
- Lower abdominal cramps no period
- Delayed period negative pregnancy test taking birth control abdominal cramping
- Having back pain abdominal cramps and nausea delayed periods pregnant
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...