Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Coughing, allergy to dust, lost weight, blood spot in phlegm. Done lab tests. Does X-ray show TB?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
almost two years im suffering with cough here and there... when ever i approach doctor, i have been told that have allergy to dust and have taken enough medicin.
past two month rarly i had a trace of blood spot in phlegm. and in couple of month, suddenly i had lost 5Kg.
I had a doubt that i may be infected with tuberculosis... and i had discussed same with a pulmonologist and he have advised me to do following laboratory test...
Chest -P/A & Lateral
TB Ab in blood
cbc (coulter profile)
Eosinophil Count
TB Culture
AFB (3 Sample)
Gram Staining
As of now i have received my Xray result (have attached the image)
Finding : Bilateral increased hilar vascularity was seen associated with prominent lung markings denoting bronchities.
Please help me to understand... is this any thing to do with TB. do you see the same finding in the imge attached.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Kindly send details of your reports. You have not given values of your investigations.
Have you undergone these investigations or you have to go?
I have seen your x XXXXXXX and your x rays are not suggested for TB chest.
Chest X XXXXXXX suggest prominent bronchovascular markings with prominent hilar lymph nodes.
If you have not gone these investigations then you should go for these for more clarification.
Apart from these investigation you should also go for TB gold quantiferon test, Angiotensin converting enzyme, broncoscopy and broncho alveolar lavage.
Put your views also.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor