Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Constipation, bloated. Taken easylax, benefibra. What else can be taken?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
I am consteped for about six days ,I've tried easylax,fleet and is also taking benefibra with no results. i am very blouted and not getting any feeling to go to the restroom

how long can a person go without passing stool after eatinh regular for about four days.
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I am a cardiologist and read your medical details which you have mailed in details.

Personally, I feel that one should not worry about constipation (unless you are not even passing flatus and then it signifies something serious) and eat food which is high in fibers. To answer your question how long a person go without passing stfool after eating regularly for four days. It depends on kind of food, with food contains a little or no roughage everything is absorbed and it could be two weeks. With food containing high fiber content the roughage is more it exceeds a week I would be concerned. Concerned enough to see a doctor.

Benebra, or similar products are hyped more than they achieve. I would suggest you have patience and if air is passed and no stool comes in next 2 days please see the doctor for a stronger laxative or enema. I know you are in discomfort, if you feel this the right time to seek help please go ahead and get yourself examined and right prescription written today itself. You have mentioned about your BP medications but not about your weight these are also factors which might contribute to constipation and gaseous state you find yourself in.

If there is any further question I will be happy to answer.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor