Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
Thanks for your query.
Every mother has to go through through this phase of baby's irritable crying.
There are many reasons for your baby's crying, in case if your baby is less than six months old, there is a high probability that it could be due to abdominal colic which is a self improving normal maturation process of your baby's gut. There could be other problems too, but if you are already giving gripe water, i suggest you to continue the same, till you see a pediatrician, dont worry if she is feeding normally and is consolable during feeds, nothing to worry....maybe your feeds are not adequate.
Babies generally grow in spurts. Some days they feed less, somedays they feed more than what the mother can give, but this is all normal . Dont worry
My suggesions to you
1) Do no panic. Keep your baby feeding at alternate breasts( keep changing the side after each feed)
2) Give gripe water once or twice and see if it helps
3) If not let the baby suckle as long as she/he wants
4) Consult a pediatrician if any of the above measures donot work
Do not worry ..You baby will be fine...Forget your anxiety and be calm...if baby is calm during feeds, hopefully it will settle soon..
If You have any further queries I am more than willing to help
Wishing your baby stops crying soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mental illnesses causing constant crying and screaming
- Depression constantly crying after implanon insertion solution
- Constant crying affect unborn baby
- Constant crying stages of mental illness
- Infant eczema constant crying
- Constant tiredness and crying
- Griping pains
- Constant crying mental retardation
- Constant crying in adults
- Blood pressure medicine and constantly crying