Suggest remedies for baby colic
Please get a stool test done
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the details. Green colored stool with mucus can be due to infection.There are other causes of green colored stool which don't need any specific treatment.
Weight gain during initial month is about 20-30mg/kg/ day. So the weight gain of your baby is appropriate.
Most common cause of excessive cry in this age is colic and colimax acts well in colic. Other causes of crying can be nonspecific pain that can be managed well with paracetamol drops. Ibuprofen should be avoided in early infancy unless needed.
So if this episode recurs I would like to give colimax 10 drops with paracetamol drops 10 drops.
Please get a stool routine and microscopy test done to rule out infection if any.
You may give some probiotics like enterogermina as it helps in maintainance of normal gut flora.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting