Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from frequent motions. Given nor-metrogyl. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
Hi Sir, My son has suffering from motions since 15 days and everyday 4 to 5 times.
we are using the nor-metrogyl (3 times per a day with 1.5 ml) .
Can you please suggest on this.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax,nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us.

I understand your concern.

Your baby is having enteritis which is mostly viral in nature but could be bacterial as well.

In your case you mentioned loose motions are there for 15 days.

Most important is to maintain hydration.

Since your baby is 4 months old ,he should be exclusively breast fed. and in case you are giving top feed than extra care should be taken regarding sterilization of feeding bottle.

-I do not recommend using antibiotic.
-Give probiotic 2 times a day.for 5 to 6 days

-Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip if stool is watery in nature.
-Zinc needs to given 2.5 ml once a day for 14 days after consulting your pediatrician.

Monitor for features of hydration
-urine output.
-feeding pattern of your child.

In case symptoms persist I suggest you to get him examined by your pediatrician

as stool examination will be required and treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any further question I would be

glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor