Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from cataract, advised for surgery. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 101 Questions
Sir my son suffering from Cataract(Motia bind),, he is 13 years old as per Doctors it is by birth, but we came to know when he was 8 years, now doctors are telling for the operation, is it good to operate now at this age or we have to wait ? i am scared
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your son needs the surgery now. If he does not undergo the surgery, the eye will become amblyopic (weak). The earlier the surgery is done the better will be the result.

If your son cooperates, doctors can do the surgery under local anaesthesia.

Dr.Mihir Shah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor