Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Chest pain started after a sudden movement of body, pain while breathing. Suggest remedy

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Hi, since yesterday im having a light chest pain well localized in a single spot, slightly on the right side of my chest (i feel pain if i press on the chest bone, roughly when the ribs XXXXXXX the bone). It appened after a sudden movement when i was in bed and until now it only bothers me if i move or i breathe deeply. These are the only singns and sintoms, theres no spreading of the pain other than that exact point
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Chest pain can be caused by various reasons, including minor problem such as indigestion or stress, to serious medical emergencies such as a heart attack.

The symptoms as well as the history mentioned in your post suggest that it might be due to strain of the chest muscles.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by application of analgesic gel & intake of muscle relaxants.

Other causes of chest pain include:
1. Angina
2. Chest muscle injury
3. Costochondritis
4. Peptic ulcer disease
5. Pain from the digestive tract, such as esophageal reflux

So, it will be better to consult a Doctor & get a physical examination done to rule out other causes.

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of Chest and Electrocardiogram can be helpful in ruling out the Respiratory & Cardiovascular causes.

Appropriate management steps will be taken based on complete history, physical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor