Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Chest pain at night. Have gastric problems. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1988
Answered : 43 Questions
I have poking pain (on only one point) in my chest from last 2 months
at the edge of heart towards center of chest
Its not continuous, mostly i recognized it in night and evening.
rarely in day time
i have also found blockage of nose from last 1 month.
also i have very bad gastric problems daily, and gastric is hereditary.
i am having canteen food for 2 time and dinner at home.

Is it something to worry? what i should do?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 23 hours later

The character of your pain being very localized is unlike any cardiac pain as it generally diffuse and brought on by activity rather than at rest. Your age also goes against it being cardiac in nature.

Therefore, in all likelihood the pain is due to a local musculoskeletal cause. For your gastric symptoms canteen food and timing stress and spices are possible causes. Lifestyle modification with antacid therapy may be helpful. If symptoms persist, you could get a gastroenterologist to see you.

For symptomatic relief of your pain you could take paracetamol tablets.

With regards,

Dr. A. Gopi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor